The Attic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Attic

A forum for fans and friends of The Upper Room (now disbanded) to keep in touch.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig

Go down 
+4
Hardlygolightly
Reagga
Gem
BIG_emu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BIG_emu

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-11-16

Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig Empty
PostSubject: Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig   Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig Icon_minitime16th November 2006, 11:32

I have always said my best gig I ever went to was Hope of the states at keele uni Nov 04 supported by The Open and The upper room

this is pretty irrelavent your thinking

well this is the wierd coinsidence

all of the bands split this year and pretty close together really

The Open - june or july 06

Hope of the states - august 06

The Upper room - novemebr 06

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Gem
Know my way around
Know my way around

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2006-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig   Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig Icon_minitime16th November 2006, 11:34

it's all your fault!! you cursed it!! Razz

heehee, just kidding. quite odd though.
Back to top Go down
Reagga

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig   Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig Icon_minitime16th November 2006, 12:36

Quite scary actually... I really liked the Upper Room, probabæy as the only Dane liking them. They were very special.
Back to top Go down
Hardlygolightly
Get in there!
Get in there!

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig   Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig Icon_minitime16th November 2006, 17:14

Well the time for renewing (or in these cases non-renewing) of Sony-Bmg contracts (Upper Room & Hope of the States) was at the same time so that explains that.

As for the Open....

*cue Twilight Zone theme tune*
Back to top Go down
peteisbristol
Convincing amateur
Convincing amateur

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig   Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig Icon_minitime17th November 2006, 15:49

I can explain this.....Sony BMG are fuckwits

End of
Back to top Go down
Kelski
Damn cool. Yeah.
Damn cool. Yeah.
Kelski

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig   Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig Icon_minitime18th November 2006, 05:12

What Pete said.
Back to top Go down
ark

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig   Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig Icon_minitime19th November 2006, 03:03

Oh er! Please dont go to any more gigs - especially of the bands I love as well! Smile
ark
Back to top Go down
ochs

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig   Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig Icon_minitime19th November 2006, 05:33

It goes to show that major labels such as Sony Columbia don't really understand bands like the Upper Room. I think they'd have been better off on a smaller label such as Domino, Jeepster, Rough Trade etc.

Sometimes you don't get instant success with the first album. For example Clearlake have made 3 albums for Domino, and none of them have sold many copies, but the label are still retaining them for a 4th! A major label would have given up on them long ago.

Certainly Sony could have used a lot more of their financial muscle to promote the Upper Room and it seems they didn't bother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig   Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wierd Coincidence or was it a doom gig
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Attic :: Musical Discussion :: The Upper Room-
Jump to: